China has no new Ebola cases in first day of pandemic

China has had no new cases of the Ebola virus since the start of the pandemic in the West, state media said on Sunday, as the health ministry said the virus is down to a “minimal level”.

The statement came after a news report from the state-run Xinhua news agency that said China had not seen a single case of the virus in the country since March 29.

Xinhua said that the Chinese government has also not reported any cases of Ebola in the region since the beginning of the new pandemic, with the virus “low in the air”.

China reported its first case of Ebola on Friday and is already treating more than 100,000 people in isolation as it deals with an outbreak that has claimed more than 4,500 lives in the world’s third-largest economy.

China has said the country is preparing for the worst, with a government statement saying that there is no “dramatic change” in the risk of spreading the virus.

China’s healthcare ministry said that a new case of a new virus, dubbed COVID-19, had been reported in the capital, Beijing, on Sunday.

Xiaoming, a city in the province of Hebei, was declared Ebola-free on Sunday afternoon, the statement said.

However, Xinhua quoted an official from the provincial government, who said that “we are not ruling out the possibility that COVID may return in the future”, Xinhua said.

China said on Friday that it has not seen any new cases in the past 24 hours, although it has seen a small increase in cases in some areas.

It is also reporting that COVS-19 has not yet been detected in a single city in Xinjiang, home to the largest Muslim Uighur community in China, Xinjiang’s Xinhua News Agency said.

In an effort to contain the virus, Chinese authorities have restricted people from returning to China and temporarily shut most public transport services in some parts of the country.

In response to the announcement, President Xi Jinping said on Saturday that China will take measures to control the spread of the disease.

In a televised address on Saturday, he said China will “resolutely” take measures against any attempt to spread the virus and said China has “a clear understanding” of the need for “further steps”.

Xinjiang’s capital, Urumqi, has been hit by a series of attacks by the Taliban, which are blamed for the deadly pandemic.